This is exactly the same product as the EMS Gateway S3 but it has an external high gain antenna for areas with low WiFi reception.
You can check with f.i. your phone to see if there is WiFi reception near the boiler/heat pump. If it is good, you do not need the LR version.
If there is only one bar of reception you may benefit from the LR version.
If you have no reception at all, this LR version wont help. If you have Ethernet/LAN/wired networking available have a look at the Gateway E32 V2 here.
Included in the kit:
- Fully assembled and tested Gateway S3-LR (Standard edition V3.0 Long Range)
- Detachable antenna
- Self adhesive strip
- JST ZH cable for connecting external DS18B20 sensors (sensors not included).
- Optional: EMS service cable for the EMS service jack in 50 and 110cm length
- Optional: 2-pole Euro plug power supply with 12VDC output and 5.5mm DC barrel jack connector (center pin positive).
- Optional: wall mount bracket.
For all details about this product look at the extensive EMS Bus Gateway product Wiki.
Please consult the information pages before purchase.
The Gateway comes fully assembled, tested on an actual EMS boiler and loaded with the EMS-ESP firmware.
The current firmware of the Gateway already supports the long list of these EMS devices.
Does not work with OpenTherm or iRT boilers like the Nefit Proline NxT (normal Proline is OK), Nefit Ecomline, Buderus U104, U112, U114, U122, U124, GB112, GB122, Linea Kombi 23. These do not have an EMS bus. Please check before ordering on the EMS device compatibility page.
If your device is not listed, it might very well be fully or partially compatible. In case you are missing parameters, you can always open an issue on the firmware repository to get support.