This is exactly the same product as the EMS Gateway S3 but it has an external high gain antenna for areas with low WiFi reception.
You can check with f.i. your phone to see if there is WiFi reception near the boiler/heat pump. If it is good, you do not need the LR version.
If there is only one bar of reception you may benefit from the LR version.
If you have no reception at all, this LR version wont help. You can wait on the new Gateway with Ethernet/LAN coming late December.
Included in the kit:
- Fully assembled and tested Gateway S3-LR (Standard edition V3.0 Long Range)
- detachable antenna
- Self adhesive strip
- JST ZH cable for connecting external DS18B20 sensors (sensors not included).
- Optional: 3,5mm jack cable for the EMS service jack in 50 and 110cm length
- Optional: 2-pole Euro plug power supply with 12VDC output and 5.5mm DC barrel jack connector (center pin positive).
- Optional: wall mount bracket.
For all details about this product look at the extensive EMS Bus Gateway product Wiki.
Please consult the information pages before purchase.
The Gateway comes fully assembled, tested on an actual EMS boiler and loaded with the EMS-ESP firmware.
The current firmware of the Gateway already supports the long list of these EMS devices.
If your device is not listed, it might very well be fully or partially compatible. In case you are missing parameters, you can always open an issue on the firmware repository to get support.
If you have an old Nefit Ecomline, Buderus GB112 boiler or the control panel on your boiler looks like one of THESE, then your boiler is not EMS based but iRT. The EMS Gateway will not work on iRT boilers nor is there any support in the firmware.