Gateway plugged in to service jack but…¶
…no LED at all¶
If the LED is always off, there either is no power or the firmware is wrong, corrupt or has a wrong setting.
- No power on the Service jack -> Plug in a USB power adapter to the Wemos directly. The LED should start blinking now.
- Buck missing or broken -> Plug in a USB power adapter to the Wemos directly. The LED should start blinking now.
- You are shortcutting the bus or the jack. -> unplug the Gateway and wait 2 min before plugging it back in.
- You are drawing too much current from the bus. -> Unplug the Gateway, remove all external components and and wait 2 min before plugging it back in.
- No firmware or firmware update error -> Reload a stable firmware image.
- LED is turned off in the firmware settings -> Log in to the web interface and turn it on.
Gateway connects to home network but MQTT is not connected¶
There can be a range of issues.
- Wrong IP -> Set the correct IP of your MQTT broker. This is not always the same IP address as your home automation system.
- Wrong user/password -> Make sure the MQTT authentication is set right or not at all.
- Wrong port -> the MQTT port is 1883 by default. If you need to change this you have to build the firmware yourself.
- MQTT broker is not running -> Make sure the broker is running on the target machine.
- MQTT broker is not installed -> Install a MQTT broker like Mosquitto on the target machine.
MQTT is connected but seemingly no response¶
- You are listening or publishing to the wrong MQTT topics.