This set is almost identical to the Premium II kit except if connected to the EMS/thermostat wires directly it needs to be powered via a USB adapter.
So for those who can plug it into the service jack this is a slightly cheaper alternative.
This new Standard version is equal to the previous Premium (I) version.
I made an unboxing video so you can see exactly what you are going to get.
- Plug-and-play connection to the EMS bus with one cable
- Connects to the EMS bus via the service jack or the EMS/thermostat wires
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Complete webinterface
- Telnet console
- Optional DS18B20 temperature sensors
- Configured for Home Assistant
- Plugin for Domoticz
- MQTT for other interfaces
- Supports all four heating circuits (HK1 to HK4)
- Service jack (with the supplied cable)
- USB adapter (not included)
On first boot the Gateway will create an access point on which you can login with a browser and make the appropriate settings for your own network. So for this kit you don’t need any soldering or real programming skills. You do however need to properly configure your home automation system. For Home Assistant YAML configuration files are available and for Domoticz an easy to use plugin.
It has an additional connector for directly connecting Dallas 1-wire DS18B20 sensors.
The Gateway can be plugged into the service jack of the boiler, or you can connect it to the EMS bus via the thermostat wires instead. In the latter case it needs to be powered with a USB adapter.
Included in the kit:
- Fully assembled and tested Gateway Standard edition
- Self adhesive magnetic strip
- 3,5mm jack cable for the service jack
- JST cable for connecting external DS18B20 sensors (sensors not included).
For all details about this product look at the extensive EMS Bus Gateway product Wiki.
Please consult the information pages before purchase.
The Gateway comes fully assembled, tested and loaded with the EMS-ESP firmware.
The current firmware of the Gateway supports these EMS devices.
If your device is not listed, it might very well be fully or partially compatible. In case you are missing parameters, you can always open an issue on the firmware repository to get support.
If you have an old Nefit Ecomline boiler or the control panel on your boiler looks like one of THESE, then your boiler is not EMS based but iRT. The Gateway will not work on iRT boilers without a modification nor is there any support in the firmware.
Base price excluding shipping is 57,50 Euro incl. 21% VAT/BTW.